With Happy Gardening taking centre stage at this year’s Retail Lab – created in association with the HTA – we take a closer look at this theme and the opportunities it offers retailers who want to tap into gardening’s feel good factor.
Happy Gardening aims to show that exactly what it says, gardening makes people happy. Whether it the memories people create in them, the happiness experienced getting your hands dirty, holding a BBQ or summer party, or simply reflecting under a tree or sipping a cup of coffee, gardens are a place we can all enjoy.
The Retail Lab will give an educational and interactive showcase about how outdoor spaces make us feel, understand how garden centres can use their retail areas to connect with their customers in a positive way that will really engage them.
Research and studies all point to gardens having a significant impact on the happiness, health and wellbeing of those who spend time embracing nature, or just simply being outdoors enjoying all it has to offer. Five key themes will sit under the Happy Gardening umbrella and will each have their own dedicated area in the Retail Lab to bring them to life:
- Easy Gardening – Talking to reluctant gardeners and those people who are new to gardening and have a thirst to learn. Debunking the myth that gardening is complicated and arduous work and can it fact be simple to do and aesthetically pleasing.
- Feel Good –Gardening has significant positive effects on mental health and over all wellbeing. This area will show visitors how garden centres can connect with this theme, practically, in store.
- Grow your own – A trend that has increased with popularity amongst gardeners of all types and ages, in particular urban gardeners and millennials who now use their outdoor spaces to grow vegetables and herbs from plot to plate.
- Pets – With 50% of the UK population owning a pet and the ongoing humanisation of pets, garden centres who invest in a pet concession and make their centres pet friendly have one more way of ensuring repeat footfall and larger spends in their centres.
- Play – How gardening engages with children, how they can really have fun whilst learning and being active and how garden centres can engage in this market.
Returning for the second year to Glee, the Retail Lab – in association with the HTA – will explore these cutting-edge trends and offer educational take-home advice, so retailers can engage with these different consumer groups within their stores.
The Retail Lab @ Glee will be created in partnership with a panel of industry experts, led by Creative Director, Romeo Sommers of ByRomeo, with Paula Parker of PP8 Marketing heading up the day-to-day management of this pivotal show feature. Lisa White, Head and Creative Director of WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors, has once again shared her wealth of industry and trend insight to help shape the Retail Lab content in 2018, whilst GES has also been confirmed as the 2018 stand contractors, helping to bring the Retail Lab concepts to life.
In additional to the amazing team behind the Retail Lab, the area will also be supported by a number of sponsors. Woodlodge, Hozelock, Scheurich, Capi Europe BV,, Elho, Kaemingk, PTMD, Ivyline, Meadow View Stone, Key Essentials, Gardena and Air So Pure, and are confirmed as 2018 Supplier Partners, providing them a wealth of opportunity to promote their brand and latest product innovations.
Find out more
Glee is the UK’s leading garden retail show, focussing on building year-round profits for buyers and suppliers within the core gardening and outdoor leisure product categories. To keep up-to-date on the latest Glee news visit http://www.gleebirmingham.com. To enquire about exhibiting at Glee 2018 call 020 3033 2160, or email email@example.com to find out more about sponsorship opportunities within the 2018 Retail Lab at Glee.
For more information, interviews or images please contact:
Kimberley Hornby, Glee PR Team, Hornby Whitefoot PR
Tel: 07851 610573 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
You can follow Glee on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Glee_Birmingham
Like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Glee.Birmingham1
Please add Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/glee_birmingham/
Please add Pinterest account https://uk.pinterest.com/GleeBirmingham1/
About ITE Group plc
ITE Group plc was founded in 1991 and is now one of the world’s leading organisers of international exhibitions and conferences.
ITE Group’s strategic vision is to create the world’s leading portfolio of content-driven, must-attend events delivering an outstanding experience and ROI for our customers. The Group recently launched its Transformation & Growth (TAG) programme, which is designed to transform the Company from a geographic-led business to a product-led business that focuses on market-leading events, wherever they are in the world. ITE strives to run the best shows and offer the best service to its customers throughout the world regardless of location. By putting exhibitors and visitors at the heart of everything we do, we plan to drive sustainable growth for our shareholders.
ITE Group is a public limited company and has been listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange since 1998.