The horticultural hub of Glee, the Green Heart, is making its return later this year and is set to feature the widest selection of growers and plant specialists to this thriving section of the show. Working in partnership with Woodlodge – the Green Heart’s official merchandising bench supplier – this year Green Heart will be made up of 114 benches, making 2018 the biggest ever Green Heart at Glee.
Featuring more international companies than ever before, the Green Heart will be home to brands such as The Bransford Webb Plant Company, Javado, Armlee Nurseries, Darby Nurseries, Morley Nurseries, Farplants, Craigmarloch Nurseries Ltd, John Richards Nurseries Ltd, Lovania Nurseries Ltd, Porters Fuchsias, Lowaters Nursery, The Plant Yard, Wyevale Nurseries Limited, Florna Plants, Viking Nurseries, Chamberlain Nurseries, Hawkesmill Nurseries co Ltd, Philip Sonneville, Anglo Aquatic Plant Company, Dataflor, Deforche Export, Helleborous (Wilgenbroek), Herbachef, VDW Plants, Wharton Nurseries, and Worfield Plants – all coming together to create the strongest display of new plant varieties and inspiration for plant buyers and retailers looking to develop both their indoor and outdoor plant offering in the coming season.
First showcased in 2017, the first Flemish pavilion to make its home at Glee – returning as VLAM, the Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board – has confirmed its return to the show. The Flemish Pavilion (Hall 19, stand G30) will be home to a host of seven top growers under the VLAM banner, all ready to showcase their industry leading horticultural products. Many of the Flemish brands will also join Glee’s Green Heart, to demonstrate merchandising best practice, and showcase exciting new plant varieties within indoor plants, cut flowers and different types of young plants.
Plants will also be celebrated through a new award introduced in 2018. The ‘Best Green Heart Display’ award, in partnership with Woodlodge, whilst Garden Trade News’ annual Great Awards will be celebrating the ‘Greatest Awards Best Plant Retailing Team’, which will be announced on Tuesday 11th September, designed to award those plant retailing teams that have gone above and beyond in 2018.
Matthew Mein, Glee Event Director said: “The Green Heart is a really important part of Glee and is designed to put plants right at the centre of the show, but more than this we want to arm retailers and growers with a platform to communicate – whether in regard to what’s new or how to better drive sales in-store. It’s set to be a great showcase of UK and international growers, so I urge plant buyers and garden retailers to make this their first port of call at Glee 2018.”
Find out more
Glee is the UK’s leading garden retail show, focussing on building year-round profits within core product categories including Garden Care, Outdoor Entertaining, Landscaping and Garden Design, Pet, Home, Gift and Clothing, and Plants. Each year the show attracts thousands of buyers from top retailers, such as leading UK garden centres, builders’ merchants, multiple retailers, and DIY stores. To keep up-to-date on all the latest news log onto www.gleebirmingham.com or call 020 3033 2160 to find out about exhibiting.
Pull out box 1
The Great British Growing Awards come to Glee in 2018
This year Glee has partnered with leading consumer magazine, Grow Your Own, to introduce the prestigious Great British Growing Awards to the show come September.
These awards recognise all that is great within the gardening industry – from tool companies and seed suppliers, to garden writers, fruit nurseries and everything in between. The awards also recognise volunteers and community growing spaces.
The winners of the award will be voted for by the general public and readers of Grow Your Own magazine. The award ceremony and trophy presentation will take place on Tuesday 11th September at Glee.
In addition to the awards, Glee is working closely with Grow Your Own to develop a consumer competition which will see 10 lucky consumers win the chance to attend Glee. Each winner will enjoy VIP access to Glee, including guided tours, access to the VIP lounge, complimentary refreshments and a limited-edition VIP goody bag.
Pull out box 2
10 reasons why plant buyers should visit the Glee Green Heart
- Optimise profit potential of seasonal plants – with seasonal plants being more topical than ever, the Green Heart represents an opportunity to buy high impact lines for immediate delivery and sale.
- Get inspired – the Green Heart has a wealth of content to inspire plant buyers and retailers alike. From new varieties to exciting merchandising ideas, this thriving part of Glee is a must for garden retailers who want to step up their game when it comes to plant retailing.
- Network & learn – learn about the latest trends in plant sales and access the newest varieties and new-for-2019 additions whilst networking with industry colleagues in one convenient location.
- View complementary products – whilst at Glee don’t forget to visit the wider show, using the time to catch up with compost, fertiliser and chemical suppliers to ensure you are up-to-date with the ever-changing ranges and supporting legislation surrounding these core product categories.
- Linked sales and cross merchandising inspiration – Exhibitors within the Green Heart will demonstrate how to link sales and create successful cross merchandising opportunities that can be quickly and easily implemented instore.
- Show-only deals – benefit from buying ‘show only’ deals, gaining extra margin and impulse sales potential for your store.
- Brainstorm – use your time to share your ideas with growers, helping both parties to sell more plants to boost overall sales and profits.
- Look ahead to 2019 – meet with both UK and international growers to find out more about their plans for the 2018 season.
- 50+ plant suppliers – this year over 50 plant suppliers, growers and breeders will be showcasing their 2019 ranges and recent introductions within the Green Heart.
- Follow-up on NPS conversations – finalise details with new contacts initiated at the National Plant Show.
For more information, interviews or images please contact:
Kimberley Hornby, Glee PR Team, Hornby Whitefoot PR
Tel: 07851 610573 Email: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
You can follow Glee on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Glee_Birmingham
Watch us on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/GleeGardeningBirmingham
Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Glee.Event
Glee is an Ascential event. www.gleebirmingham.com
About Ascential plc
Ascential plc is a global business-to-business information company that informs and connects the business world in 150 countries through market-leading Exhibitions & Festivals and Information Services.
Ascential powers the prestigious Cannes Lions festival for the branded communications industry, the world’s premier payments and financial services congress Money20/20, Spring Fair/Autumn Fair, the global trend forecasting service WGSN, environmental risk data business Groundsure, e-commerce analytics provider One Click Retail and advisory and business services firm, MediaLink.
Ascential’s premium products enable focus, growth and value. The company provides customers with world class content and connections empowering their businesses to be the best informed and best connected. www.ascential.com