One of the most innovative features at the annual Glee exhibition, the Retail Lab @ Glee – new for 2017 – has secured backing from a wide range of leading suppliers, who have come on board as ‘Preferred Supplier Partner’ and ‘Selected Supplier Partner’ of the Retail Lab’s four trend-lead areas. Brands confirmed as ‘Preferred Supplier Partners’ of the Retail Lab @ Glee in 2017 are Cadix, Hozelock, Petface, Ivyline, Woodlodge and Elho. Continue reading
Leading UK manufacturer of fashion-led garden clothing and giftware, Briers, will launch a host of new designs at Glee this year (NEC, 11th – 13th September), including a brand new licensed giftware range for garden centres, aimed at lovers of design. Continue reading
On Monday 11th September, Glee will be welcoming award-winning gardening journalist and TV presenter, Nick Bailey, to the stage as this year’s keynote speaker. Continue reading
This year Glee will be home to its strongest pet contingent for many years. From the PetQuip Business Village that has doubled in size, to the wealth of UK and international exhibitors and the newly introduced Buyer Connect event, pet buyers and garden retailers will be spoilt for choice. Continue reading
2017 is proving to be a season in full bloom – not just in the flower bed, but on fabrics, furnishings and even fabric-feel rubber wellington boots. Briers, the award-winning gardening lifestyle brand behind four new collections, explains why this year’s floral trend is a must-have for greenfingered gardeners. Continue reading
The Burford House Motor Show will return once again on Sunday 6th August for another great day of automotive fun for all the family. The event might still be two months away, but organisers, Burford House Garden Store, are already gearing up to host hundreds of visitors to see a wide variety of classic, vintage and unusual cars. Continue reading
The Glee Buyers Power List has been set-up to recognise the individual buyers and buying teams who have gone above and beyond to make a difference within the garden retail industry this year. Voting has been open since early summer, with nominations flooding in from all corners of the market. Now, details of those shortlisted having now been confirmed. Continue reading
Last night at the annual GIMA Awards (13th July, Celtic Manor Resort, South Wales) Briers were the recipients of two awards to mark the leading fashion inspired garden clothing and giftware brand’s achievements in marketing and sales in 2017. Continue reading
Beefayre – a leading UK manufacturer of quality homewares, scented candles, beauty and gifting products – may not be exhibiting at the Home & Gift Exhibition this week, however retailers can still benefit from some special ‘show only’ offers. Continue reading
Coming soon…new logistics hub & range expansions
As a company that prides itself on delivering market leading customer service and best-selling products, there is no doubt that receiving industry accolades makes all the hard-work worthwhile. Just last week Smart Garden Products received two GIMA awards, including ‘Supplier of the Year’. Not wanting to rest on its laurels, it now plans to build on this success. Continue reading
Last week the winners of the GIMA awards 2017 were announced at another sell-out event (Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, South Wales). The pinnacle of the garden retail industry’s calendar, the event brought together manufacturers, retailers, members of the press and industry figures, to celebrate the 16 highly-deserving winners. Continue reading
- The Skylark Maize Maze is the largest in East Anglia. In total the maze covers an area in excess of 12 acres! That’s the same size as 12 football pitches or 192 tennis courts!
- The maize used within the Skylark Maize Maze is a tropical crop, and needs warm wet weather to thrive. As you can tell, we like a challenge here at Skylark! On average there will be 20,000 plants per acre.
- At Skylark we use a special variety of maize called ES Ballade by Grainseed Ltd. It grows up to 2.4 metres in height.
- The 2017 maze marks the 12th maze at Skylark.
- Previous designs have include Minions, a map of the world, a monkey-tastic safari theme, and the infamous Lord Kitchener ‘Your Country Needs You’ poster.
- In total the maze features 3km of pathways – that’s almost 200 calories burned, though expect to burn a few more as the adrenaline kicks in!
- Each year, over 15,000 people visit the Skylark Maize Maze, travelling from across Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and further afield.
- The average time to complete the maze is around 45mins, but that doesn’t account for getting lost!
- We’re award winners! In 2015 the Skylark Maize Maze won an award for ‘Best Tourist Attraction in Fenland’.
- The Maize Maze trend started in Anneville, Pennsylvania USA, however the first mazes date back almost 4,000 years to the times of Greek mythology.
For more information, interviews or images please contact:
Kimberley Hornby Tel: +44 (0)1604 373700 / 07851610573
Finding out more about Skylark
Can you tell me a little bit more about the history of Skylark – how does a Fenland farmer become a garden retailer? Continue reading
Tim started his career with Jim Henson in New York working on Sesame Street. He was one of the forerunners of animatronic design and is still in great demand today. Continue reading
Now in it’s 12th year, the Skylark Maize Maze is celebrating a much bigger birthday in 2017 – the 40th anniversary of Star Wars! Continue reading