10 reasons why home & gift buyers should visit Glee 2017
- 60+ home, gift & clothing suppliers all ready and willing to do business. Glee’s dedicated Home, Gift & Clothing section has witnessed significant growth in recent years, reflective of the changing trends in garden retailing. Over 60 home, gift and clothing brands will be making their home at Glee 2017, bringing with them a wide selection of products, from seasonal gifts, to garden and outdoor clothing that has found its influence from future high street and catwalk trends.
- Garden centre focused. The strength of Glee lies in the fact that its exhibitors are primed to do business with garden retailers, and this year’s exhibitors within Home, Gift & Clothing are no exception. These suppliers are armed with products and services designed to drive sales instore at garden centres, so make sure you don’t miss out on this captive audience.
- Year-round sales opportunity. Gifts, homeware and outdoor clothing are increasingly becoming big business within garden retail. Offering an unrivalled opportunity to maximise year-round sales, from Mothers’ Day to Christmas, these product categories are also ideal for driving impulse sales as consumers look to add value to their homes and gardens with stylish accessories, as well as wanting to look good in the garden.
- More time to compare & contrast. Whilst Glee doesn’t sell itself as purely a home and gift show, that certainly doesn’t mean that its offering is any less valuable. With a more targeted set of exhibitors comes less competition for time. And in a market where time with buyers is a rarity, the real strength of Glee comes to the fore. At Glee, home, gift and clothing retailers and suppliers have more time at their disposal to network, chat and learn more about the products. Better relationships are forged this way.
- New and lapsed brands provide variety. At Glee this year, visitors will be treated to a selection of home, gift and clothing brands never before seen at Glee, as well as some faces making their return to the show. Look out for Voyage Versand, Villeroy & Boch UK Ltd, Kettle Interiors, Bronte by Moon, as well as well-known brands such as Aigle International and RHS (Royal Horticultural Society).
- Selected, focused offering. Gift exhibitors at Glee know what garden centre gift buyers want to see, which is why they will be bringing with them a targeted and audited product range, featuring the hardest working and most profitable products in their arsenal.
- Better use of your time. All available under one roof for three dedicated days, Glee is the perfect way to streamline your purchasing process. Placing orders at Glee means your 2018 product selections are sorted well in advance, freeing up more time for category managers to develop inspirational in-store displays.
- Be inspired by new merchandising ideas & linked sales opportunities. Look out for inspirational content from Glee’s 600+ exhibitors, as well as those within the dedicated Home, Gift & Clothing section of the show. Best practice merchandising, the latest trends in POS and exciting linked sales opportunities from across Glee’s eight core product sectors will arm any garden centre manager or gift buyer with a wealth of knowledge, design ideas and concepts that can be put into practice immediately upon returning back to the store.
- Access to other exciting products you might not have considered before. Glee is the place to explore additional profit-making opportunities. As the garden retail gift market continues to grow, Glee is the place to source those products that will make your gift offering stand out from the rest, including everything from homeware and seasonal decorations to stationery and greeting cards, music and audio, artificial flowers and curiosities. Glee’s wider categories will also offer exposure to product sectors you may not have previously considered, helping to create a vibrant and unique in-store offering.
- And if you miss it all, there is always Glee at Spring Fair 2018! Part of Glee’s ongoing investment and expansion plans, Glee’s Spring Fair concession will provide a second opportunity within the buying cycle to refresh ranges ahead of key retail spikes. Additionally, it will also give retailers the opportunity to see new and best-selling ranges ahead of the spring season, whilst providing garden, home and gift buyers with the latest concepts and trends for 2018, helping them to direct their buying. Categories that retailers can look forward to sourcing will include garden care, landscaping and garden decoration, and outdoor entertaining.
Find out more
Glee is the UK’s leading garden and outdoor living trade retail show, focussing on building year-round profits within core product categories including Garden Care, Landscaping & Garden Decoration, Outdoor Entertainment, Pet Products, Speciality Food and Catering, Home, Gift and Clothing, Plants and a dedicated Retail Experiences section. Each year the show attracts thousands of buyers from top retailers, such as leading UK garden centres, builders’ merchants, multiple retailers, and DIY stores. To keep up-to-date on all the latest news log onto www.gleebirmingham.com or call 020 3033 2160 to find out about exhibiting.
For more information, interviews or images please contact:
Kimberley Hornby, Glee PR Team, Hornby Whitefoot PR
Tel: 07851 60573 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
You can follow Glee on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Glee_Birmingham
Watch us on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/GleeGardeningBirmingham
Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Glee.Event
Glee is an Ascential event. www.gleebirmingham.com
About Ascential plc
Ascential plc is a global business-to-business media company that informs and connects the business world in 150 countries through market-leading Exhibitions & Festivals and Information Services.
Ascential powers the prestigious Cannes Lions festival for the branded communications industry, the world’s premier payments and financial services congress Money20/20, Spring Fair/Autumn Fair, the global fashion trend forecasting service WGSN, environmental risk data business Groundsure, e-commerce analytics provider One Click Retail and advisory and business services firm, MediaLink.
Ascential’s premium products enable focus, growth and value. The company provides customers with world class content and connections empowering their businesses to be the best informed and best connected. www.ascential.com