Plants remain the green heart of any garden retailer, which is why Glee’s very own Green Heart has proven to be such a popular part of the exhibition since its formation in 2014. Returning once again in 2016, the show’s organisers – i2i Events – share 10 reasons why plant buyers can’t afford to miss this year’s Green Heart.
- Optimise profit potential of seasonal plants – with seasonal plants being more topical than ever, the Green Heart represents an opportunity to buy high impact lines for immediate delivery and sales through tills.
- Get inspired – addressing key demographics and providing interactive tours, the Green Heart has a wealth of content to inspire plant buyers and retailers alike. Developed in association with The HTA’s own reports and brought to life by the HTA’s Market Information Manager David Denny, the Green Heart will address three unique consumer profile areas: Gardening Elders, Garden Proud and Family Focus. These profiles will be recreated as three large product areas, drawing product inspiration from across Glee’s eight core sectors. Demonstrating cross merchandising, these inspirational displays will add real and tangible value for visiting retailers, and help them identify ways to reach out to key consumers at the point of sale.
- Network & learn – learn about the latest trends in plant sales and access the newest varieties and new-for-2017 addition whilst networking with industry colleagues in one convenient location.
- View complementary products – whilst at Glee don’t forget to visit the wider show, using the time to catch up with compost, fertiliser and chemical suppliers to ensure you are up-to-date with the ever changing ranges and supporting legislation surrounding these core sellers.
- Linked sales and cross merchandising inspiration – Green Heart will demonstrate how to link sales and create successful cross merchandising opportunities through some exciting interactive content. Led by The Garden Works’ independent garden centre consultant, Kevin Waters, the Green Heart will benefit from an increased interactive and live element in 2016. Each day Kevin will lead three guided tours around the Green Heart to demonstrate how cross merchandising can highlight a continual year-round association with the plant offer. Showcasing how plants can take centre stage, Kevin’s tour will inspire action by giving ideas, help to make the buying decision easy, and ensure subsequent success for the customer, through linked sales ideas from across the retail floor.
- Show-only deals – benefit from buying ‘show only’ deals, gaining extra margin and impulse sales potential for your store.
- Brainstorm – use your time to share your ideas with growers, helping both parties to sell more plants to boost overall sales and profits.
- Look ahead to 2017 – meet with both UK and international growers to find out more about their plans for the 2017 season.
- 60+ plant suppliers – this year over 60 plant suppliers, growers and breeders will be showcasing their 2017 ranges and recent introductions within the Green Heart.
- Follow-up on NPS conversations – finalise details with new contacts initiated at the National Plant Show.
Key names already confirmed for the Green Heart include Chessum Plants, Quality Ornamentals, Javado, Anglia Group of Nurseries, New Leaf Plants, Chamberlain Nurseries, Chapel Cottage Plants, Channel Island Plants, Kilworth Conifers, Gardeners Kitchen, Topbuxus B.V., and Wyevale Nurseries. New exhibitors for 2016 include Armlee Nurseries and Butters Group, suppliers of houseplants, garden plants and planted materials to supermarkets and garden centres.
Entry to Glee is free of charge to all pre-registered visitors. Simply register via the Glee website www.gleebirmingham.com/register. All pre-registered visitors will save £20 on the door, as well as receiving the Glee show preview if requested before the show to help plan their visit.
Glee 2016 takes place at the NEC, Birmingham, from Monday 12th to Wednesday 14thSeptember and opens between 9.00am and 6:00pm (Monday & Tuesday) and 4:00pm (Wednesday). To find out the latest news and to register for free entry, please visit www.gleebirmingham.com. For details on exhibiting at Glee, call 0203 033 2160.
For more information, interviews or images please contact:
Kimberley Hornby, Glee PR Team, Hornby Whitefoot PR
Tel: 01858 681122 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org