Plants remain the green heart of any garden retailer, which is why Glee’s very own Green Heart has proven to be such a popular part of the exhibition since its formation in 2014. Returning once again in 2016, the show’s organisers – i2i Events – share more details about the latest developments which will be shaping this area come September.
Matthew Mein, Glee’s Event Director said: “The Green Heart is really starting to take shape. We currently have 60% of our allocated benches sold, with many more growers shortly to confirm their presence. This is a really important part of Glee, and is designed to put plants right at the centre of the show, but more than this we want to arm retailers and growers with a platform to communicate – whether in regards to what’s new or how to better drive sales in-store. It’s set to be a great showcase of UK and international growers, so I urge plant buyers and garden retailers to make this their first port of call at Glee 2016.”
Key names already confirmed for the Green Heart include Chessum Plants, Quality Ornamentals, Javado, Anglia Group of Nurseries, New Leaf Plants, Chamberlain Nurseries, Chapel Cottage Plants, Channel Island Plants, Kilworth Conifers, Gardeners Kitchen, Topbuxus B.V., and Wyevale Nurseries. New exhibitors for 2016 include Armlee Nurseries and Butters Group, suppliers of houseplants, garden plants and planted materials to supermarkets and garden centres.
Consumer profiling, in association with The HTA
Working in conjunction with The HTA’s Market Information Manager, David Denny, this year’s Green Heart will also feature three unique consumer profile areas. Drawing on the HTA’s own market research, the profile areas will focus on three key consumer demographics – Gardening Elders, Garden Proud and Family Focus. These reports have identified the buying habits of each consumer, and therefore how they can be addressed in-store. At the Green Heart this year, these reports will be recreated as three large product areas, drawing product inspiration from across Glee’s eight core sectors. Demonstrating cross merchandising, these inspirational displays will add real and tangible value for visiting retailers, and help them identify ways to reach out to key consumers at the point of sale.
Interactive content with Kevin Waters
Led by The Garden Works’ independent garden centre consultant, Kevin Waters, the Green Heart will benefit from an increased interactive and live element in 2016.
Each day Kevin will lead three guided tours around the Green Heart to demonstrate how cross merchandising can highlight a continual year-round association with the plant offer. Showcasing how plants can take centre stage, Kevin’s tour will inspire action by giving ideas, help to make the buying decision easy, and ensure subsequent success for the customer, through linked sales ideas from across the retail floor.
Find out more
Glee is the UK’s leading garden retail show, focussing on building year-round profits within core product categories including garden care, landscaping, outdoor living, garden design, pet, speciality food and catering, home, gift and clothing, and plants. Each year the show attracts thousands of buyers from top retailers, such as leading UK garden centres, builders’ merchants, multiple retailers, and DIY stores. To keep up-to-date on all the latest news log onto http://www.gleebirmingham.com or call 020 3033 2160 to find out about exhibiting.
10 reasons to visit Glee’s Green Heart in 2016
1) Optimise profit potential of seasonal plants – with seasonal plants being more topical than ever, the Green Heart represents an opportunity to buy high impact lines for immediate delivery and sales through tills.
2) Get inspired – addressing key demographics and providing interactive tours, the Green Heart has a wealth of content to inspire plant buyers and retailers alike.
3) Network & learn – learn about the latest trends in plant sales, and network with industry colleagues in one convenient location.
4) View complementary products – whilst at Glee don’t forget to visit the wider show, using the time to catch up with compost, fertiliser and chemical suppliers to ensure you are up-to-date with the ever changing ranges and supporting legislation surrounding these core sellers.
5) Linked sales inspiration – Green Heart will demonstrate how to link sales and create successful cross merchandising opportunities
6) Show-only deals – benefit from buying ‘show only’ deals, gaining extra margin and impulse sales potential for your store.
7) Brainstorm – use your time to share your ideas with growers, helping both parties to sell more plants to boost overall sales and profits.
8) Look ahead to 2017 – meet with both UK and international growers to find out more about their plans for the 2017 season.
9) 60+ plant suppliers – this year over 60 plant suppliers, growers and breeders will be showcasing their 2017 ranges and recent introductions within the Green Heart.
10) Follow-up on NPS conversations – finalise details with new contacts initiated at the National Plant Show.
For more information, interviews or images please contact:
Kimberley Hornby, Glee PR Team, Hornby Whitefoot PR
Tel: 01858 681122 Email: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
Ascential plc owns i2i Events Group and is a leading international media company that informs and connects business professionals in 150 countries, through market-leading Exhibitions and Festivals, and Information Services.
Ascential powers the prestigious Cannes Lions festival for the branded communications industry, Spring Fair/Autumn Fair the UK’s largest trade exhibition, the world’s premier payments and financial services congress Money20/20, the global fashion trend forecasting service WGSN, and environmental data business Groundsure. 23 of Ascential’s 32 product lines are market leading and occupy number one positions.
Ascential exists to provide customers with world-class content and connections, empowering their businesses to be the best informed and best connected. Our products enable focus, growth and value.