With only four weeks left to plan their Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day events for Friday 27th March, garden centres across the UK are being urged to register their participation now. The fourth annual gardening industry initiative will see hundreds of garden retailers and suppliers working together towards a fun, fundraising weekend that is also designed to pull in gardening customers after the wet winter months.
Awareness for Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day is now at the highest level it has ever been, driven by success from previous years, recent industry events and on-going promotional activity. Founder of Garden Re-Leaf and Greenfingers trustee, Boyd Douglas-Davies said: “If you haven’t held any Garden Re-Leaf events before, now is the time to sign up, get involved and most importantly promote your centre’s fundraising activities through your marketing channels. The customers in your catchment area are now more likely than ever to expect a Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf event – so don’t disappoint them!”
Latest Garden Re-Leaf Day events news
- The Fundraising pack is now available – email firstname.lastname@example.org for your copy. It includes hints and tips on how to run a Garden Re-Leaf event, get maximum publicity and bank funds raised. Also included are details on where the money is going and a template press release.
- Richard Jackson’s popular QVC gardening programme will dedicate 6 hours of the programme, spread across two days, to fundraising for Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day (broadcast dates TBC). This year, products will include outdoor plants from Unwins such as Impatiens, Roses and Rhododendrons with £1.50 donated from each unit sold. For more up to date details please refer to the event listing on the Garden Re-Leaf website: http://www.gardenreleaf.co.uk/events/events-national/
- The Rosy Cheeks Rose is a beautiful soft candy pink flower that has been hand selected by Whartons Roses, and bred by Noack Rosen. £1 will be donated directly to Greenfingers , with a suggested retail price of £11.99.
- Aylett Nurseries will be holding the Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day celebrity quiz night on the 26th March, with wine and cheese being served to teams of six, doors opening at 6:30pm for 7pm start, £5 per person.
- Perrywood are also planning a cheese and (bring your own) wine themed evening with a general knowledge quiz – for more information and team registration details go to: www.perrywood.co.uk/greenfingersquiz2015
- Members of staff at Thetford Garden Centre will all wear green on Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day, welcoming visitors to enjoy a dog fun day, with games, competitions, a cake stall and a huge raffle. Donations from selected plants and green gloves will add to the funds being raised for Greenfingers on the day.
- Bents Garden & Home in Cheshire will start their Garden Re-Leaf activities early on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd March, with fun activities like face painting and a treasure hunt for the kids, and the plant doctor on call to attend to customers’ horticultural ailments.
- Haskins stores will all be supporting Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day by holding raffles. Ferndown, Roundstone and West End are all taking part, with the Snowhill store in Crawley also featuring staff in fancy dress.
- Gordale Home & Garden in Cheshire are teaming up with their local gym to take part in a sponsored bike ride challenge – and will see how far they can cycle in one day. There will be spot prizes for staff that ride furthest, fastest or take the steepest hill, and also booby prizes for slowest. Customers will have the chance to win a prize by guessing how far the team will ride.
Get your Glovies on!
So far Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day has attracted a great deal of interest on Twitter, with its awareness-raising #Glovies campaign trending at recent industry events. Briers are backing this awareness initiative by encouraging their customers and followers to join in by donning a pair of green gloves for a selfie or photobomb, and sharing it on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag, #Glovies. Greenfingers patrons Jim Carter and Imelda Staunton, TV gardeners Chris Collins and James Wong, and top industry figures such as Andy McIndoe, have all taken part so far with their own glovie pictures.
Run the Garden Re-Leaf Day celebrity quiz
Well known Gardening celebrities from TV and Radio have also recorded a special Greenfingers Gardeners Re-Leaf quiz which includes a CD, picture round, and a fundraising pack. The quiz pack can be ordered from Greenfingers for just £100, which goes straight to the charity.
Sponsor the Thames Path walk Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day team
A Thames Path walk challenge has been set up, with over 30 members of the garden industry now committed to take part, each pledging to walk 20 miles through London and with the aim of raising £500 each. For more information go to: https://www.justgiving.com/greenfingersgardenreleafthameswalk/
Find out more
To keep up to date with all Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day activity, make sure to follow @GardenReleaf on Twitter, like the Facebook page at facebook.com/gardenreleaf and also visit the website, http://www.gardenreleaf.co.uk. If you would like to sign up for the Thames walk, order the quiz pack or to get in touch with a specific fundraising query, email email@example.com or call the Greenfingers team on 01494 674749. To participate in a brand or product promotion, contact the relevant supplier.
For more information, interviews or images from Garden Re-Leaf Day please contact:
Michelle Whitefoot, Whitefoot PR T: 01886 812779 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie Cumming, Whitefoot PR T: 07765 251173 E: email@example.com