Garden Re-Leaf Day is the main public fundraising event for Greenfingers, the national children’s hospice gardens charity. Now in its fourth year, Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day will see garden centres put on special events to raise money for the Rosy Cheeks Fund, now in its final year, and get the nation gardening on the Friday before Easter, 27th March 2015.
The day has become fundamental to Greenfingers’ fundraising activities as it has meant that six gardens have been created from the £175,000 raised from Garden Re-Leaf events alone.
2,000 families and children who use children’s hospices have benefited from the installation of these inspirational, stimulating outdoor spaces.
In 2015 Greenfingers specifically needs to fund a grow your own garden and an urban family garden. With continued support, a real difference can be made to the lives of another 600 children and families who rely on children’s hospices.
Every £1 makes a difference
- £1 could fund the supply of vegetable plants for the children to grow
- £50 could fund the supply and planting of sensory, perennial plants
- £250 could fund a bird feeding and watching area
- £1,000 could fund outdoor seating for a story telling area
- £10,000 could fund a covered sheltered area for therapies, socialising and story-telling
Important changes that have been made within the last year include:
- The day is now known as ‘Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day’, to reinforce the charitable focus of the day and its significance to Greenfingers’ fundraising strategy
- Founder of Garden Re-Leaf Day, Boyd Douglas-Davies, is now a trustee of Greenfingers
- A new version of the website, http://www.gardenreleaf.co.uk, was launched to help make it easier for garden centres to register their events
Deborah Skillicorn, Greenfingers Charity Director, said: “Garden Re-Leaf Day has become a nationwide event, driving footfall into garden centres at the beginning of the year and raising much needed funds to help us create more magical gardens for children in hospices across the country. So this year, we are committed to making Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day 2015 the best yet and are calling on everyone in the industry to get involved and get fundraising!”
Garden Re-Leaf Day founder, and Greenfingers trustee, Boyd Douglas-Davies, added: “Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day 2015 is an unmissable opportunity to get customers in store earlier, kick-starting the peak season and raising money to boot. Now is the perfect time to get involved, and really create a buzz within the garden centre, hosting creative events that benefit Greenfingers and encourage team building.”
For more details of what happened in previous years, head to www.gardenreleaf.co.uk. To explore opportunities for supporting the 2015 event as a supplier, or participate as a retailer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, interviews or images from Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day please contact:
Robbie Cumming, Whitefoot PR
T: 07765 251173